One of my favourite cakes … Chocolate Mint Cake, got this recipe from a friend’s blog and it has remain the family favourite eversince 🙂
200 gm self raising flour, sieve the flour
230 gm butter (room temperature)
220 gm castor sugar
230 gm eggs (about 5 big size eggs)
1 tsp vanilla essence
20 gm cocoa power, sieve it
50ml fresh milk
2/3 drops of mint essence
1) Heat the oven at 180 degree celcius. Spread a bit of butter on the cake tin of 8” in size.
2) Beat the butter and flour together.
3) In another container, using whisk, beat the eggs and castor sugar about 7-8 min. Then pour the vanilla essence
4) Pour the eggs and sugar mixture into the flour and butter container. Mix well using the electric beater.
5) Divide into 2 portion.
6) 1st portion, pour in the milk and cocoa powder, mix well.
7) 2nd portion, add in the green colouring and the mint essence, mix well.
8) Pour the mixture alternately into the cake tin (one scoop of each mixture) till finish and using a fork, make a pattern (up to your preference so that it look like marble cake)
9) Bake about 40-45 min or until cook.