Home-cooked Aglio Olio by my colleague’s husband. Very tasty and the garlic taste is light and fragrant to the palate. I like it a lot 🙂
Can add prawns or chicken to it and make it spicy too.
Here’s the recipe :
– 2 servings of pasta
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 40g butter, divided
– 10 to 12 prawns
– 10 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
– 2 chilli padi, sliced or 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
– 30g Iparsley, finely chopped
– salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt to a boil. Cook pasta according to the timing indicated on the packet, until al dente. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
2. Remove the shells and veins from the prawns. Add the prawns heads and shells to a small pot with just enough water to cover them (about 150ml water), bring to a simmer for about 3-5 minutes to make prawn stock. Strain the stock and set aside.
3. Heat half the butter in a sauce pan. Cook the prawns on both sides and set aside.
4. Add olive oil to the sauce pan with the prawn juices. When the oil is heated, add garlic and chilli padi/chilli flakes (if using). Saute till the garlic turns light brown.
5. Turn off the stove. Add cooked pasta, cooked prawns, about 2 tbsp of prawn stock, chopped parsley and remaining butter (cubed) to the garlic & oil mixture. Stir to coat all the ingredients evenly. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.