As a wife and mother, sometimes I really have no idea what to cook for the family, and when this happen, I would just cook porridge. Below is one of the porridge I would cook, simple yet tasty and everyone likes porridge so why not! 😀
1 cup rice
1/4 cup lentils
1/4 cup raw ground peanuts
1/4 cup green beans without skin
1/4 cup red beans
Note : Put all the ingredients above in a medium size pot and fill with water enough to boil as porridge.
Ingredients B (to be grinded/blended) :
1 cm ginger
1 cm fresh tumeric
1 tbsp ground coriander powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp soup powder (Malay soup powder (rempah sop)) – if don’t have can also but taste won’t be the same.
Other ingredients C:
100 g of minced meat
1/2 cup carrot – diced
1/2 cup potato – diced
1 stalk of Chinese celery – for garnishing
1 pkt of fried shallots flakes – for garnishing
salt to taste
pepper to taste
oil for frying the grinded ingredients
1) Boil the ingredients A and grind ingredients B.
2) While waiting for ingredients A to soften, fry ingredients B with a little oil till fragrant. Once fragrant, add in the minced meat. Stir for a few minutes and off the fire.
3) Once the ingredients A has soften, add the diced carrots and potatoes. Leave it to boil until all turn soft.
4) Then add in the fried ingredients B with the minced meat. Stir and add in salt and pepper to taste. Leave it to boil some more until porridge is fully ready to serve.
5) To serve, scoop some of the porridge into a bowl and sprinkle some of the Chinese celery and fried shallots flakes as garnishing.