I made these rolls last week. This recipe is a keeper. In fact, using the same recipe, I can make bread with fillings in it.
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp dry yeast
3 tbsp sugar
1 egg – room temperature and beaten
4 cups of bread flour or plain flour
2 tsp salt
– Heat the milk and butter till warm and butter has melt. Stir a bit.
– Add the sugar and yeast, stir and set aside for a few minutes. Then add the room temperature beaten egg. Stir again.
– Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the yeast mixture just now and stir till thoroughly combined. Put a lid on the bow (leave a gap). Let the dough rise until double its size
– Punch the dough to release the gas on a floured board. Knead the dough for a few minutes. Then shape into 12 rolls and place them in a greased pan. Let the rolls rise (about 1 hour or more).
– Preheat the oven to 170 degree C. Place the rolls in the oven and bake for about 20 mins or till the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
– Remove from oven and immediately brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter. Lift the rolls out of the pan and leave it to cool on a rack.