There was plenty of durians left at home and so today I made Bingka Durian, a Malay type of cake. Instead of baking it in a cake tin, I used the muffin tray but sadly as I was multi-tasking I overlook the time and the Bingka Durian were a bit burnt at the top …. still taste wise it turns out still delicious and so that’s a relief.
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of concentrated coconut milk
2 1/4 cup of water
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of butter
1 1/2 cup of fresh durian pulp
A bit of yellow colouring
A bit of sesame seeds (optional)
– Heat the oven at 190 degree C.
– Blend all the ingredients except for the sesame seeds.
– Pour the blended mixture into a cake tin (do make sure to grease the tin with a bit of butter first)
– Add more durian pulp on top of the mixture (this is optional but I like to do this)
– Sprinkle some sesame seeds.
– Bake for about an hour or till the top is golden brown (how long really depends on your oven).
Note : Make sure the bingka is really cool before cutting it. Good to serve the bingka as desserts or for tea time with a good cup of tea.