This is a recipe shared by a colleague and this is the first time I made them. Verdict? Really taste good but I can’t reach up to my colleague’s standard yet … her cookies looked so much more nicer 😉
300 g plain flour
250 g corn flour
300 g almonds with skin (grind) – Note: you can fry the almonds without any oil for a while first, cool it and then grind them (optional)
200 g icing sugar
60 g melted butter
Enough cooking oil – pour the oil bit by bit till you can easily form into a dough (but not too wet)
1 egg yolk – beaten (for glazing) (I actually use the whole egg, don’t like to waste it)
– Sift plain flour, corn flour and icing sugar.
– Add ground almonds and mix well.
– Add melted butter and oil. Bring all ingredients together to form a dough.
– Scoop one level of teaspoon of dough and shape it into a ball (this method is if you’re using a cookie press mould like I did). Alternatively, you can roll the dough and use a cookie cutter.
– Arrange onto the baking tray.
– Brush with the egg and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degree C for 15-20 or until slightly brown.
– Allow the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before storing.