Kurma ayam (Chicken Korma)
This is a dish which when I cooked, the accompanying side dish must be Acar Timun (Cucumber pickles). They just go wonderfully together 🙂
1 whole chicken – cut into 12, skinned and wash clean. Put aside.
2 packets of Rempah Kurma (Kurma mix spices) – I prefer use the brand by Kak Zah’s and I use only up to one and a half packets of the rempah.
4-5 potatoes – cut into 4
10 small cherry tomatoes (more if you like)
1 box of Santan Kara (coconut milk, about 200 ml)
1 bunch of coriander leaves – cut about 2 cm in length (3 strands will have to blended, see below)
Ingredients to be blended together:
5 big onions
1 inch ginger
1 green chilli
3 strands of coriander leaves
– Pour a little oil into the pot and fry the blended ingredients till fragrant.
– Add the Rempah Kurma. Mix well.
– Add the potatoes and chickens.
– Add enough water to cover the chickens or slightly above the chickens (up to your preference)
– Let it boil till the potatoes and chickens are cooked.
– Then add the coconut milk. Stir well. (Add more water if it’s too thick)
– Add salt to taste.
– Finally, add in the rest of the coriander leaves and tomatoes.
– Let it boil for about another 2 mins and then off the fire.
– Ready to be serve with hot rice and side dishes.
Note : if you’re using other brands for the Rempah Kurma, do check how much is suitable for 1 chicken.