Did not feel like baking for the Eid, but my girls wanted me to do it so I gave in and once I started, I baked not only 1 but 4 types of Eid cookies hehee…
Below is 2 of our family favourites, Sugee and Chocolate Almond.
(I modified again my sugee recipe from my previous entry, thanks to a tip I received from a sister just recently and this time can see the cracks and much much more melty-in-mouth … in fact my family members and colleagues at work gives more than the THUMBS UP!
Sis Faeez17, if you’re reading this, I hope yours turn out good and my suggestion in future you might want to try this latest modified recipe for the Sugee 🙂
400 gm of ghee (clarified butter)
3/4 full of icing sugar – using the empty ghee tin to measure
1 tbsp of condensed milk
100 gm of almond powder
1 pkt of self-raising flour – use only about 750-800 g or until you find its easy to make rounded balls with the dough)
a pinch of salt
1 tsp of baking powder
– Mix and stir well the ghee, sugar and salt
– Add baking powder, almond powder and condensed milk
– Add the flour bit by bit, until able to form a soft dough
– Make into small round balls and put into paper cups in a baking tray
– Bake at 160 degree celsius for 15 mins.
Next, is the Chocolate Almond Cookies. The recipe is here
Finally, all baked!