Made this cake for 2 days straight …. yesterday as cupcakes and today as a whole cake. Delicious indeed! Thanks to Yati, my colleague at work who had generously shared this recipe.
Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Marble Cake
300 g fine sugar
1 cup of oil (can use butter also but I prefer using oil)
1 tsp vanilla essence
Mix these together till sugar are dissolve. Put aside.
1 cup of buttermilk or yogurt (I used buttermilk)
3 tbsp of red colouring
1 tsp of lemon juice
Mix them together. Put aside.
300 g self raising flour
3 tbsp of cocoa powder (I used 4tbsp cos I like mine more chocolatey)
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Sieve all these together. Put aside.
Cream cheese :
250 g cream cheese
1/4 cup of fine sugar
2 tbsp evaporated milk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
Mix well till cream cheese is soft. Put aside.
– Heat up the oven to 175 degree C., and prepare your cake pan of size 9 inch or if you prefer can use paper cups.
– Add ingredient B and C to the container that has ingredient A. Incorporated all of them till mixture are all blended together. (I used the cake mixer … faster that way)
– Pour half of the mixture into the cake pan, then add half of the cream cheese on top, spread evenly.
– Pour the rest of the mixture and then add the balance of the cream cheese on top. Use a skewer to make marbled patterns on the cake.
– Bake in the oven for about 20 mins or till cake are cooked.
You can even do it as cupcakes …