Today, my 3rd sis and her family came by and we had another ‘makan’ session together. For tea time, we made this Abuk-abuk Sago, satisfying my sister’s craving 😉
300 g of sago pearls – washed and strained
2 pc of pandan leaves (pinescrew) – cut into small pieces
100 g grated white coconut (without the skin)
1 tsp salt
100 g coconut palm sugar (gula melaka)
10-12 pcs of banana leaves (cut into rectangles of 10 cm x 30 cm)
1) Boil water inside the steamer.
2) Put the pandan leaves inside the boiling water to give a fragrant smell.
3) Steam the grated coconut mix with some small pieces of the pandan leaves for about 10 minutes.
4) Then add and mix the sago pearls thoroughly with the steamed coconut and salt.
5) Fold the banana leaves into cone shape. Add one spoonful of the sago pearls mixture, followed by 1 tsp of gula melaka.
6) Then cover it again with another half spoonful of the sago pearls mixture.
7) Cover the cone and clip it closed by using a short bamboo stick. Do the same process until the mixture finish.
Steam all of it for about 10-15 minutes or until cook and ready to serve.