I woke up early today and decided to bake the Sugee Cake and bring it to my sister’s abode later in the afternoon.
I made 2 batches of it and just hope everyone will love it as I do 🙂
This recipe was shared by a fellow blogger, click here to view the original post on the recipe.
Sugee Cake or Kek Suji (Semolina Cake)
140g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100ml fresh milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g butter, at room temperature
175 g sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp minced almond
– Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in semolina, minced almond and salt. Mix well.
– Beat eggs, milk and vanilla essence together in a bowl.
– Cream butter, sugar and honey till light and fluffy. Gradually add in the egg mixture, beating constantly. Mix in flour mixture at low speed and stir till well combined.
– Spoon the batter into an 8-inch cake tray lined with baking paper.
– Bake for 45 minutes at 150 deg C or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
Cool cake for 15 minutes, then remove it from the mould and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.