There are still a few boxes of dates at home and since I feel like baking something … I decided to bake this Maple Dates Muffin … a recipe I had from Chef Siti’s recipe book.
It’s simple enough to make and I like the taste of it … not so sweet even with the maple syrup. My youngest said “not bad” after first tasting it and then she ends up eating 4 of it hahahaa…. 🙂
180 g of plain flour
50 g of instant oats
2 tbsp baking powder
50 g corn flour
1/4 tsp of bicarbonate soda
1/4 tsp salt
125 g butter
60 g sugar
100 g maple syrup
225 ml natural plain yogurt
80 g diced dates
20 g diced almonds
– In a mixing bowl, beat Ingredient B till light.
– Gradually add in Ingredient C, beat for about another 4 mins.
– Add in Ingredient A and D … bit by bit and mix well.
– Scoop batter into muffin cups.
– Sprinkle Ingredient E over the top.
– Baked at 180 degree C for 15-20 mins or till muffins are golden brown.