Today, the R mood (rajin) overshot a bit …. hahaha…
For brunch, I baked homemade Artisan Bread and ate it with minced beef stew which I cooked early this morning.
The bread I made last night, after proofing for 2 hours, I put it into the fridge and before I began to cook the stew, I took out the dough and knead them, and then proof them again … after which they went into the oven. The recipe for the bread can be found here.
So today, fresh homemade bread and stew awaits us 🙂
I love the stew, easy to cook and tasty too! Would have made it more spicy but if I did so then my youngest daughter will not be able to eat it and so… “shrug” … more important it still tasted good 🙂
Minced Beef Stew
600 g minced beef
3 big potatoes – cut into small pieces
1 carrot – cut into small pieces
2 stalks of celery – chopped thinly
1 stalk coriander leaves – chopped
3 green chillies – sliced (add more if you want it more spicy)
4 onions – diced
4 garlics – chopped finely
1 tsp of Oregano leaves
2 tbsp of chili powder
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 big fresh tomato – diced
2-3 tsp cumin powder
1 cup of tomato sauce
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
2 cups of water
2 tbsp of cornflour (add a bit of water to mix)
a little bit of oil
– In a medium pot, add a little bit of oil.
– Add in the minced beef, stir fry for about 5 mins.
– Add in the onions and garlics. Keep stirring for another 5-8 mins.
– Add in all the other ingredients except for cornflour.
– Let the stew simmer till potatoes and carrots are cooked.
– Once the carrots and potatoes are soft, add the cornflour. Stir well.
– Taste the stew and do any adjustment to the taste as required. At this point, sometimes I would add either more tomato sauce or salt and pepper etc.
– Off fire and serve hot with either bread or rice.