I miss tinkering in my kitchen and so just now went about making this simple but delicious and fragrant bread pudding using screwpine paste (Pandan) and chocolate chips.
8 pcs of bread
Butter (use to spread on the breads)
2 cups of milk
3/4 cup of sugar
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp of pandan paste or you can grind a few pieces of screwpine with a bit of water and use the juice
Enough chocolate chips
– Whisk together the milk, sugar, salt, eggs and pandan paste.
– cut the breads into quarters and arrange into a baking pan.
– pour the liquid mixture over the bread.
– sprinkle enough chocolate chips all over it. Leave it aside for 15 mins.
– after 15 mins, bake it in the oven at 170 degree C., for about 20 mins or until it becomes golden brown on top.
– cool it and can serve with ice-cream at the sides