I promised my husband that I will baked his favourite Oats Cookies after raya …. and since today is a public holiday, I decided to bake them to surprise him when he comes back from work later in the evening.
Here’s the recipe for the Oats Cookies. Instead of adding diced red cherries on top, I substitute it with choc chips.
My youngest daughter already ate a dozen of the cookies 😂
1 cup of sugar (I reduced about 2 tbsp since I prefer it to be less sweet)
1 cup of soften butter
4 cups of quaker oats
1 cup of minced almonds
3 egg yolks
1 tsp of vanilla essence
Enough red cherries or chocolate chips for decor
1. In a big bowl, mix thoroughly the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla essence. Use a spatula to mix them.
2. Add in the oats and almonds. Mix well.
3. Use your hand to take a bit of the mixture and clump it together into a small round shape.
4. Arrange onto the baking tray and add either small cut red cherries or chocolate chips on top of the cookies.
5. Baked at 180 degree C for about 15-20 minutes or till golden brown.
6. Cool the cookies and keep them in airtight cookie bottle.