This easy to make taco cups are simply delicious!!! I made them today and serve them to my eldest daugther and her friend who had came over to our house to work on their school project. The girls simply raved about the taco cups … Lala, my daughter’s friend even asked for the recipe 🙂
A BIG Thank You to all those peeps out there who had shared this recipe over FB…. 🙂
I had tweaked the recipe a bit to suit my taste though hehee …
Here’s my version of the taco cups:
300 g minced beef
1/2 grteen capcisum – diced
2 big tomatoes – diced
2 stalks of coriander leaves – sliced thinly
2 red chillies – sliced thinly
2 slices of cheese
1 packet of tortillas (I used Mission brand tortillas)
2 tsp of Chilli powder (more if you like it hotter)
2 tsp of Cumin powder
2 tsp of Garllic powder
a dash or two of dried oregano leaves
black pepper powder to taste
salt to taste
– Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
– In a large skillet, brown the minced beef. Season with all the seasoning. Off fire and transfer to a big bowl.
– After the beef has cool enough, add the other ingredients such as tomatoes, capsicum, chillies and coriander leaves. Mix well.
– Cut flour tortillas into a square shape and cut further into 4 smaller equally sized square pieces.
– Grease muffin tin with a bit of olive oil or cooking spray.
– Line each muffin cup with a tortilla sheet.
– Add 1 tbsp of the taco filling. Top with a small bit size of cheese.
– Then add another layer of the tortilla sheet, press down and add 1 tbsp of filling and cheese.
– Lightly brush the top edges of the tortilla with olive oil.
– Bake 18-20 mins until golden brown.
Note : Best to serve while its still warm (cos that’s when the side crust are still crunchy)