Suji (Semolina Pudding) with pistachios, almonds and raisins
My first attempt at making Suji (Semolina Pudding) and alhamdulillah its turn out good 😊 This pudding is originated from India and it has become a favourite among the Arabs and the Malays as well.
My youngest gal was the most happiest about it cos its one of her favourite 😉 She practically devoured almost all of them hahaa… 😉
– 2000 ml water
– 300 gm sugar
– 4 cardamons
– 2 screwpine leaves (wash and tie to a knot)
– 250 gm semolina
– 250 ml evaporated milk
– 1 tbsp rose water (optional, I did not use it)
– 100 gm raisins
– 50 gm sliced almonds (I did not have sliced almonds so instead use diced almonds which I roasted in the oven for a while)
– enough pistachios (optional, can also just use sliced almonds)
– a few strands of saffron (I used yellow colouring instead)
– Boil ingredient A after which you add in the ingredient B (medium heat)
– Stir constantly till mixture becomes thick, off the fire.
– Pour into pudding moulds, topped with the raisins, almonds and pistachios. Can serve warm or cold.